Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thrift Store Score!

I LOVE thrift stores. I've been shopping them for about 18 years now.  I hate paying retail and I love to find deals.  One person's trash is another's treasure. How true! I went to my local store today and hit jackpot! (Well, at least I think so.) I've been on the hunt for a pair of cowboy-ish boots, and there it was. A black, almost mint pair.  I tried it on and it was just ever-so-slightly large, which was exactly perfect for my purposes, because the reason I was looking for a pair was due to the fact that I could wear the pair I currently own only if I wore nylons.  Who wants to wear nylons?  I wanted to wear socks in my boots.  The price: $14.99.  Hello, beautiful! You're mine. I then looked inside just out of curiosity to see who made it.  It said "Cole Haan."  As far as I could discern, a new pair would set you back upwards of $250.  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment